I was craving something different to have with my steak and mashed potatoes. Béarnaise sauce or Mushroom Wine Sauce would be delicious, but the process of making them was more complex and time-consuming than I wanted.
I came across a recipe for Maitre d’hôtel Butter in one of my cookbooks. It is a classic compound butter used in French cuisine. It is basically butter flavored with fresh parsley and lemon juice. I ended up using a recipe from Emeril Lagasse, halved (I knew we wouldn't use that much butter, and we still had a good amount left over).
I put some of the butter on my steak and mashed potatoes. When it melted, it added a subtle buttery-yet-fresh flavor to the food. I had a lot left over to use next time, so I put the butter roll still wrapped in the plastic wrap in a freezer bag and froze it.
What is your favorite sauce for steak? Please share!


0 Yorumlar