Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What am I making this morning for the freezer?

Below we have 1lb pork shoulder, 1lb bacon pieces, 1 egg, 6oz pork liver. There should have been 2 x 150g packets of sage and onion stuffing:

The meat was minced and the egg, dry stuffing, 6 fl oz cold water and 1 heaped teaspoon ground black pepper added to the minced meats.

Two large ice cream scoops of mixture were formed into flattened patties and put on a lined baking pan, plus 2 roughly chopped onions. They were cooked for 50 minutes at 200C. The meat was removed to cool off into 4 containers. 

I put the onions, 1/2 can cherry tomatoes, 1 1/2 pork stock cubes, 2 tablespoons tomato puree, 1 tsp garlic and 1 teaspoon ground paprika into a large jug and topped it up to the 2 pints mark with boiling water. This was transferred into a pan brought to the boil. It was thickened to the desired consistency, taste adjusted and whizzed up to create a smooth gravy.

There you have it, homemade faggots and gravy. I faggot each plus gravy, potatoes and vegetables so enough for us 2 for 4 meals.

This recipe was originally from Frugal Queen but I have adapted it to our tastes.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar