What do you think, use him as a driver?
Down low in the commander's cupola like this?
Sitting up high?
Here are some tips for those of you thinking of picking a Mortian for yourself. First off, I could not manage to fit the large bogies between the hull and the outer track guard so I clipped off everything that stuck out and glued it straight to the sides. To make sure I had it level with the road-wheels I assembled these little guys out of order.
#1 tip: use a razor saw, not clippers. Clippers will shatter pieces.
After they're removed from the sprue, saw in a bit and then saw down a bit for a clean cut.
Here are the stages.
When attaching, the road-wheel should be slightly covered by the wheel well.
The two remaining bars on the road-wheel attach to the hull while the rod slots in place.
(Skip the mind-numbing, finger-gluing part where I attach 50 some track links individually.)
Next up is the front mounted hull weapon. The inner barbette swivel had a minor angle on the top of the hull-side, but this allowed only minor swivel due to rubbing against the hull overhang. It was easy enough to take a sharp blade and extend the angle.
Now it swivels freely.

More pictures to come of the assembly stage. I also plan on magnetizing this beast.

0 Yorumlar