Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

ACW baggage completed....

So by way of a little change to the current diet of English Civil War, some stuff from the "other" Civil War..

You may remember [clicky] I was working on some wagons I picked up at Colours... so having put them together I undercoated..



...figures are from Newline part of their artillery caisson crew..


Damp brush with white.. a better base for lighter colours than pure black I've found..


...and then some paint brush butchery..  I actually like painting horses [clicky] and these were done same style as that old post...


Decided to go with butternut for the Confederate, both figures had the same colour for trousers (I assumed the Reb had just "appropriated" them at some time from a Yankee who 'no longer needed them'... ahem...), the Union trooper had my usual blue ink for kepi and jacket..


Wagons were a selection of dry brushes in various colours, washed all over with a nut brown W&N ink to tone it down..


I then gave it an all over spray of matt finish to tone down the shine (still not perfect - may have to give them some Dullcote at some time...) before finally flocking and adding terrain features..






Pleased with them for less than £4 each!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar