Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Yolly Hollyday

Keeping it simple,  Swedish straw stars and a few lights, not shopping, not baking mass quantities of butter cookies. Keeping it low key.


Every Christmas my parents played this non stop . Sounds just like my grandfather , though he was formal and stiff , still  it was comforting to have him come for dinner and to sit on his rock hard cold lap. Yust Yolly..  I've a heap of Norwegian and Swedish  blockhead genes. I really feel more at  ease in England though- like an old shoe-  when the plane approaches and all I can see is green-and pointy chimney-ed rooftops  I slide into relaxed thumb sucking mode.  Happy.

The tree ornament on the bottle brush tree is what Ssarah made from her pipe stems found mudlarking on the shore of the Thames.  One day I might fly across the big water again and go with Sarah to the mud- she is such a good finder. I miss her like I would miss my arm if it was chopped off.
Which is to say- a lot.

 

Can't help but put crowns on everything that might benefit from fancy recognition. One day I might show you all of the things that wear crowns at Christmas time. I have made one for an ant! Still must make one for the bunny skull.


 


Went  to Emily's today to drop something off and to see Flora , Flora was sleeping , dang, " let's wake her up" I said .  Emily looked at me like I had lost my tiny mind . I didn't really mean it, (yes I did). Had a quick chat and then off to PT. On the street where Flora lives is this house, being worked on , prioritizing the most important bits...gargoyles  along the roof and two enormous off putting Buddha  heads at the entrance. Nice that someone is working on it , shoring it up. Something weirdly eccentric  in the neighborhood is generally refreshing.

Tomorrow I will fudge and brownie and soak the fruit cake in rum. I intend to make more crowns for the items that feel left out. 



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar