Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Week in Facebook Faffing

Monday: 
"I just noticed you don't want attachments. I don't know how to copy and paste. Sorry, please withdraw my submission." Wha? How do you get through life without knowing how to copy and paste?

Tuesday:
Eeek! Have so many interviews to do and guest posts to write. They just keep piling up! I'd better get cracking ...

Wondering if I should set up a personal newsletter. Is it worth it? When I receive newsletters from lit mags and authors that I've subscribed to, I actually very rarely READ them. Unless they are my friends. Thoughts?

Just started reading a book that makes me feel totally talentless ... The Stone Gods, by Jeanette Winterson.

Wednesday:
REALLY annoyed that I can't publish to NOOK. I have to be a US resident! Wow, B&N are really limiting themselves. No wonder Amazon is getting the better of them! Sheesh, even KOBO allows foreigners to publish there.

I've been over and over and OVER these proofs and I STILL feel insecure about typos ...

One thing I notice when reading hundreds of poetry submissions, is that way too many poets are drawn to gardens ... why is it that flowers and suns, and moons and dreams, and tides and quiet breaths in the dark dark night, suffocate this form of written word until I need to come up for air and scream GIVE ME SOME FUCKING CONTROVERSY?

Thursday:
Kindle of Show & Tell in a Nutshell is available. Do I promote it before the paperback is ready? Decisions decisions ...

Author Struggle No.1: Tired of seeing so much book promo. Need to market own books. Catch 22.

Once upon a time there was a gal named Jess
who had an urge to write limericks upon your request
but she had to watch for names
that were damn hard to tame
or the limerick would lack the required finesse!

So it seems, Facebook tells my story ... this has the potential to be a weekly feature! How much of your life do you share on Facebook?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar