I have been slowly working on the
slippers this week. I have finished knitting one and have knitted the sole of the other. I am knitting these away from my husband as they are a present, this is easier than last year because he is now out at work (last year being self employed he was in and out) however I have a few pairs to make so I am glad I started now so I am not rushing to finish in December. Thank you to those who gave advice last week on the sort of sole I could use to make these more durable. I am going to look into leather first, so when these are knitted they are far from finished!
This week I have been reading a book I recently bought after reading a review in a Sunday newspaper. Julia Cameron's
The Artist's Way for Parents is about discovering your creativity something I thought I could do with doing more of, I read blogs where there are pictures of all the wonderful items their children have created whereas I have non to share. As I read through this book, which is full of exercises, I am already doing so much of what she suggests. I could feel aggrieved at buying a book which is not telling me anything new but it has been a great affirmation for me and made me realise that I am doing something right in that part of my children's education. I have been reminded that creativity is not all about paper and glue.
Joining in with
Ginny and
Tami for sharing of yarny creations and reading.
0 Yorumlar