Today marks a full week without gluten (knowingly, anyway). Quite frankly, I feel kinda gross. My stomach is protesting, I feel a bit nauseous, and yesterday I was sort of spinny and weird. (How's that for a specific description?) I have NO idea if this is what they call gluten detoxing or not. It could just be some virus, or it could be my body feeling the ramifications of no gluten.
Rice cakes and I are good friends. I did have oatmeal with berries and yogurt, but it did not specifically say it was processed in a wheat free facility. That would probably cost me an extra $5.00! Because I am not dealing with celiac disease, I can live with the legal disclaimer of "may contain wheat". I have not had a single piece of bread, bun, muffin, pasta, or bowl of regular cereal. My gluten free birthday cake was lovely. We've been eating our way through it for the last couple of days. When I am at home, it is not difficult to be gluten free.
It was a little different, however, when a friend of mine took me out for lunch. There were so many wonderful meal choices that involved a bun, a slice of bread, pasta, or even a bit of gravy (I was contemplating the pulled pork, but it was served with gravy and cheese curds and I figured the gravy was thickened with wheat flour). Instead I had white fish and risotto. My friend had macaroni and cheese with bacon served in a little cast iron skillet.
I do not feel any more energetic, I have no change with joint pain, and I haven't lost any weight (but the extra birthday wine and cake certainly wouldn't allow for that). I am going to go for one more full week without gluten and then decide if it is worth it for me. The turmeric which I have incorporated into my supplements hasn't helped with the joint pain, either, but I am willing to keep that up until the bottle is empty.
I have never felt that gluten caused me any digestive distress, so I wasn't expecting any changes with that (even though now my stomach hurts when I eat!), but I was hoping to feel a bit more energetic and just overall "well". I also believe it is too soon to fully assess, so I will continue. Anybody out there try to go gluten free and have similar (or different) experiences?


0 Yorumlar