Okay, here's a list:1. After the fast one that was pulled on us with Green Arrow, I can't even tell if Winick is serious.
2. Roy Harper is pretty redundant as Red Arrow. At least as a doper or as the poor schmoe in love with a crazy assassin he had something that stood out. But Connor was soooooo much more unique and marketable than him.
3. Yes, I said "marketable." I know to refer to an ethnic character as "marketable" is shocking -- most action figures I suppose should be of white men. But Connor was a very attractive character with a great costume design. He was instantly recognizable. Whereas Red Arrow is boring. Yeh, I said it -- boring.
4. I've always felt that these "ethnic" reboots/versions of established characters would get phased out eventually. I realize that it's a cynical thing to say. But intuitively I could just anticipate it. And I feel killing off Connor sets a precedent.
5. Yes, Connor Hawke was a character that truly had an ambiguous sexuality. Never mind that Peter Parker speculation..this was the real deal. Even the editors knew it. I think he was even close to actually being officially bisexual -- though in the end that never happened. But the fans "adopted" him as being bi. And that's another reason I think Connor was so unique -- and a character with a lot left to explore and write about.
6. This comes too soon after the whole Green Arrow thing. It's like the method used to write these characters is one extreme event after another. I don't think this benefits either Green Arrow or Black Canary. It just smacks of not knowing these characters and not knowing how to write them.

Oh, but I'm sure that the sales will spike.

0 Yorumlar